Today I have something I’m super excited about! I was nominated for the Sunshine Blogger Award a few weeks back, and today’s the day that I get to complete it!
Before I get to questions, I’m going to thank A Country Girl’s Writing for nominating me and making these amazing questions. You guys should go check her out, she posts al lot of amazing poems.
Here are the eleven questions I was given. Keep reading to see the questions I’m asking you guys.
- What are three things everyone should know about you?
I love traveling. And my dream since I was six was to go to New York City.
I love poetry and it’s one of my favourite ways to unwind.
I get nervous around people extremely easily, even if I know you super well.
- Which historical figure would you like to be?
William Wilberforce’s wife. At least from the movie (Amazing Grace) she inspired me and was incredibly encouraging and stood up for him and what she believes.
- Why do you blog?
I blog because I have ideas that I want to tell someone, but I’m not the best at saying them in person. I also have enjoyed writing for a very long time and love the design part of it.
- What is a great book you have read recently?
I read Heartless by Marissa Meyer.
- What if the best advice you’ve ever received?
To just start and that will motivate you to keep going.
- Favourite Bible verse and why?
Your hands have made me and fashioned me, give me understanding that I may learn your commandments. – Psalms 119:73
I love this verse because it tells me that God created me to so that I could learn and obey Him.
- What is one thing you struggle at when writing, and how do you overcome it?
I struggle with actually wanting to write on a certain day. Whether I’m too busy or just don’t feel like it. And I overcome it by basically nagging myself. I add reminders to my phone on about five different apps, I write on my calendar that I have to blog today, etc.
- Your favourite quote?
What is stronger than the human heart, which shatters over and over and still lives. – Rupi Kaur
- Who inspired you to start writing and why?
I was writing ever since I was little, even before I could understand words. I guess I just thought that words looked pretty. But to start blogging and want to do better at it, it was actually one of my friends (Charis Rae) and who inspired me to continue writing poetry was another of my friends (Mia)
And they inspired me because I saw how much they enjoyed it and then I realized that I have that same passion in me and that I can actually do that too.
- What is your favourite poem?
I really like the classic In Flanders Field.
- A piece of advice to other writers that are struggling?
Don’t get discouraged by the people who seem to be better than you, instead learn from them and you will become great as well.
Thank you so much for those questions.
I have some rules for this award, as well as questions and nominees of my own.
- Thank the blogger who nominated you and add their link your blog post.
- Answer the questions provided by the blogger who nominated you (11 maximum).
- Nominate new bloggers, and make up 11 questions for them to answer.
- List the Rules and display the Sunshine Blogger Logo on you post.
Anika is a blogger that has a fun and upbeat blog about reading, lifestyle and a whole lot of amazing things. Check her out by clicking her name above.
Abby posts about blogging, writing, reading, travel and all her funny quirks make the blog that much more fun to read.
Caitlyn blogs about books, devotionals, and lifestyle. I really enjoy her posts.
Monica blogs about devotionals and she also just started a new blog so a big shoutout to her.
Charis Rae blogs about reading, writing, blogging and book reviews. Her layout and amazing way of blogging is one of my very favourites.
These people are all amazing and inspiring people, I hope that you check them out and enjoy each one!
- What is your all time favourite nonfiction book?
- Favourite fiction book?
- What is your favourite movie that is taken from a book?
- Have you struggled with something in your writing that you gained a word of wisdom from? And what is the word of wisdom?
- Do you have a secret talent?
- What is a blog that you can’t get enough of right now?
- After writing, what is something you enjoy doing?
- How long have you been blogging for?
- Who is someone that you look up to in the writing world?
- Someone you look up to outside the blogging world?
- What would you say your style of writing is?
Thank you so much for reading. I would love to get comments with your answers to the questions above! And don’t forget to check out the blogs linked here.